Friday, February 3, 2012

No Matter How Long the Winter, Spring Will Come!

It’s still winter here in the Great Northwest. But I think maybe Spring is trying to come.

It’s very cold. I can feel it in my bones. I can hear the howl of the wind as it bends the very tall trees close to the ground, and then back again. And yet the sky is blue, the sun is shining as bright as a summer’s day!

 I want to dance, to sing, to go for a very long hike across a meadow of flowers. But there are no meadows of flowers just yet. And a gust of wind about knocked me over when I ventured out for a walk. I put on my sunglasses and pulled my coat tight against me; lifted my head to the sun and shielded my ears from the sharp cold; noted a thin layer of ice on the pond, and listened to little birds singing from the branches of trees – branches with little bitty buds of life threatening to blossom. I found myself smiling and saying “Thank You for Spring!”

I am wishing Spring. I can see signs of Spring. I am living in the anticipation of Spring. But Spring is not here yet… but it still makes me happy!

In weather, we know Spring is coming. Our spirit is uplifted just because we know it is coming.

In the harsh winter times of our soul, of our circumstances, we grow weary fighting against the winds of adversity, we live in the grey, our hearts grow cold.  It is easy to doubt that Spring will ever come again.

But Spring will come again!

Look for signs of Spring in your circumstances – it may be just a glimpse. Listen for sounds of Spring within your soul – it may be just a single note. As you shield yourself from the pain of your winter, don’t forget to lift your head to the Light – it may seem just a glimmer for now, but the Sun is shining!

Allow yourself to hope! Allow yourself to believe Spring is coming again! Allow yourself to say “Thank You for Spring!” …It’s not here yet, but let the anticipation of it give you joy!

If anticipation of Spring seems impossible, look for a spark of hope, a bit of good in your now. Winter is not only about death and cold and grey -- winter has a beauty of its own.

“The pain and the sorrow are part of the joy; the loss is part of the gain. The dying is part of the living. Beauty will both break and heal the heart.”
~ Connie Ruth Christiansen






“It is said that in some countries trees grow but will bear no fruit, because there is no winter there.”
~ John Bunyon


“In the winter of my sorrow, I remember the summer of my joy. In the nighttime of my loneliness, I breathe the day of my thanksgiving.”
~ Ancient Navajo Proverb





“No matter how long the winter, Spring is sure to follow.”
~ Author Unknown
 

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds.”
~ Philippians 4:6-7 NIV

 “He makes everything beautiful in its time.”
~ Ecclesiastes 3:11 paraphrased


Peace be yours!
Talk to you tomorrow,
Connie


If you haven't already done so, consider taking The Thank You Challenge!
ORDER Your book today:  www.thankyouchallenge.org




<a href="http://www.hypersmash.com">www.HyperSmash.com</a>


No comments:

Post a Comment