Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th of July Reflection


I am thankful to day for the good ol’ U.S.A.

This country is one of contradiction, to be sure
There is beauty and there is ugly;

There are people peacefully working together to accomplish great things
and there are stormy political battles;

There are millionaires and there are
people living on the streets;

There is safety and there is fear,
There is love and there is hate,
There is greed and there is great compassion;

It is not perfect, it is not Eden,
but for all its flaws it is lovely;

I am so grateful to the founders of this nation,
for their dream of a better place,
for their courage to follow that dream;

 I am grateful for the men and women who have
laid down their lives in order to keep that dream alive;

I am grateful for the freedom to follow my own dreams
and to worship as my conscious dictates;

For all her flaws this country is still the best,
the brightest,
and the only place I want to call home;

May we never take for granted
the good that is here;

And may we continue to believe for,
dream for,
and fight for the better that we can be;

God Bless America!


Happy 4th!
~ Connie


Take The Thank You Challenge!
Order your book today @  www.thankyouchallenge.org

No comments:

Post a Comment