I am thankful today for the POWER of Praise
Praising the people in your life:
Praise Defined – Words and actions of honor; applause, adoration, a compliment, a pat on the back, a recognition, celebration, thanks, appreciation
Praise is a means by which you give honor to an individual for who they are
or for what they have accomplished
Praise is a good thing
· Give your children praise for a job well done, and they beam!
· Give them praise just because of love, and they blossom!
· Give them praise on a regular basis and they flourish!
· Give your friend, co-worker, neighbor praise and they respond in kind – they may not believe your words and actions of praise or thanks as easily as a child will, but somewhere deep inside they will grab on tight and they will be lifted up to a higher place
· A child giving praise to a parent or caretaker prompts a response of satisfaction, of love returned, of warmth, of joy
Praise Recognized -- brings joy, grants strength, restores courage and self-esteem, motivates!!
Praise grants blessing to the giver and to the receiver
Praise is Powerful!!
Praise Defined -- Words and actions of worship: applause, acclaim, adoration, exaltation, celebration, giving glory, thanks
· God is not in need of a self-esteem boost; He is very aware of His greatness, His goodness, His power
· He enjoys praise from a place of perfect love….love for us
o As the ultimate Parent, He just plain loves that we love Him back
o As the ultimate Giver, He loves the praise for our sake:
· He created us with a need to receive and to give praise… there is fulfillment in the act of Praise
· In addition, He has arranged that in our giving of praise and thanks, we create power and possibility in the spirit and soul realm!
There is an incredible promise that Praise and Thanks actually releases God to work on our behalf:
“He who sacrifices thank offerings honors Me, and he prepares the way so that I may show him the salvation of God." ~ Psalm 50:23 NIV
I don’t claim to understand this concept (Why does God, who is all powerful, request our participation in order to work on our behalf?)
I don’t understand it, but I accept it…. this is the way He has set it up.Yes, He can and does do miracles on a regular basis that have nothing to do with us.
Also on a regular basis we work with Him to create miracles:
We work WITH Him to see goals met
We work with Him to see mountains moved
We work with Him to see evil overcome
We work with Him to find freedom from chains
We work with Him to find healing
We work with Him to see doors of opportunity opened
We work with Him to let the past go, enjoy the present, prepare for the future.
We work WITH Him
One of the ways we work with Him, is to give Thanks and Praise
PRAISE is POWER!!
We are more fulfilled, more at peace, more free, more powerful,
when we give thanks, when we give praise!
Praise on the lips brings beauty to the countenance.
I love that old song that says:
“Praise looks good on you”
~ Don Moen
But, some days it is difficult to live from a place of praise. It can be especially difficult when troubles are weighing us down; long term illness, financial difficulty, relationship disappointments, rainy days without end, the death of a loved one, the list goes on of reasons that we may not feel like giving thanks, we may not feel like offering praise.
Our “natural” tendency is to respond to difficulties and evil with fear, frustration, anger, discouragement, doubt. Those tendencies have a place in the grieving process when we face loss. But beyond that, those tendencies do not bring us what we long for.
We can rise above those tendencies, and make a choice to give thanks, to live from a place o praise…. And then we WILL find our heart’s desire.
Praise if often a choice….and if we will make that choice
Praise is always Powerful!
Praise changes the atmosphere and
paves the way for Miracles!
Praise has the potential to change circumstances and
it will ALWAYS change you!
“It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord, and to Praise Him”
Experience the Power of Praise by DAILY give Thanks! Take the Thank You Challenge!
ORDER YOUR BOOK TODAY: www.thankyouchallenge.org
Learn more about the Author @ www.connieruthchristiansen.com
Contact Connie @ email@example.com