Monday, February 13, 2012

A Man in Black, a Lawyer in White, and a Glimpse of Truth

Some dreams mean nothing at all. Others are a result of too much spicy pizza.
Some seem to come straight from the heart of God.

Most dreams I just keep to myself, but this one from my sleep last night, seems meant to be told:

~~ 

A Man in Black, a Lawyer in White, and a Glimpse of Truth

I had a dream last night that I was accused of something wrong, and put into a jail cell.

The cell was cold, and dark and musky, no light was shining through; I grew tired and weary, my body racked with pain. I kept thinking: to get out of here, I would do almost anything!

A man came to visit me, dressed with style, and in black; I was glad for his company, I had been alone for quite a while. He was charming to a fault, handsome, with a beguiling smile.

He stood outside the bars and looked me up and down; he told me he liked what he saw, and that he had been waiting for me. He asked me to marry him, and promised to make go away all the troubles of my past, and to set me free.

He said that he would care for me, and for my family, and that somehow he had the power to make all my dreams come true. I didn’t quite believe him, but I wanted to.

There was something not quite right about him, and his proposal left me cold, but I considered his offer anyway; I wanted so to be let go from the troubles I had been carrying around for so very long.

I thought, It won’t be so bad, to marry him, to be out of here; after all how much worse could it be than this? I was just about to answer “yes,” when my Lawyer walked in.

He was dressed in white, and His face was light; He carried with Him a set of keys. His voice was quiet and gentle but at the same time loud and strong; powerful enough to send the man in black, cowering to his knees.

“I’ve paid the price for your bail, and I will open up these doors; you won’t ever have to worry about prison anymore” He said.

“Your troubles will not go away, but I will stay with you, and all the treasures that My Father owns I will give to you.” 

The man in black started to argue, but my Lawyer stopped him cold, with just a look; like a bolt of lightning.

When He turned to look at me, his eyes were kind again, He opened up the prison door and reached out to take my hand.

It was at this point I began to wake up from the dream…

As the dream began to fade, and the morning sun threatened to take me back to the reality of earth,  I  held tightly to His hand…I didn’t want to let go, I didn’t want to wake up…

I lay in bed, my eyes closed tight, not wanting to forget the feeling of incredible peace that was mine as He held my hand

I did wake up, earth did return, and the dream was gone, but the peace remains, and I, will NEVER let go!
~ Connie Ruth Christiansen

I’m Thankful for dreams!; the fun ones, the nothing ones, the open-my-eyes-to-the-truth-ones.
I especially love the flying ones!

I’m thankful that the battle within me is not a fight against people or circumstances; it is a spiritual battle (Ephesians 6); and that God in me is greater than any enemy! (1 John 4:4)

I’m thankful that “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength” (Philippians 4:13), and that I am more than a conqueror! (Romans 8:37)

May the dreams of your days be fulfilled, and may the dreams of your night be sweet

Until next time,
Connie


Take The Thank You Challenge!
ORDER your book today @ www.thankyouchallenge.org















No comments:

Post a Comment