Monday, March 5, 2012

I Am Not Defined By My Past

Today I am thankful that my past does not define my future.
I am a more than the culmination of my decisions and circumstances.

I was created to live a good life, a peaceful life, an abundant life!
I was born with the tools necessary to reach for great things, and to attain them!

I have within me a God-given ability to fight evil, and to win.
I have within me the ability to forgive, so that bitterness does not control me.
I have within me the ability to determine truth from a lie.

And whatever resources I cannot find within myself, I can find them by reaching out to my Creator, Who is the Source of all wisdom and power.

~~

“I do not define myself by how many roadblocks have appeared in my path.
I define myself by the courage I’ve found to forge new roads.

I do not define myself by how many disappointments I’ve faced.
I define myself by the forgiveness and faith I have found to begin again.

I do not define myself by how long a relationship lasted.
I define myself by how much I have loved, and have been willing to love again.

I do not define myself by how many times I have been knocked down.
I define myself by how many times I have struggled to my feet.

I am not my pain.
I am not my past.

I am that which has emerged from the fire.”
~ Author Unknown

~~

“I have come that you may have life, and have it more abundantly.”
~ John 10:10; the words of Jesus


““I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.””
~ Jeremiah 29:11


“Forgetting and forgiving the past, I look forward to what lies ahead”
~ Philippians 3:13, paraphrased


May today be a day that you
·         believe what God says about you, not what your past says about you.
·         grab ahold of this truth; that God is bigger than your past.
·         see yourself in perspective and realize that you are stronger than your weakest parts.
·         hold on to Jesus, who is your strength when you are weak
·         live today with thanksgiving and anticipation
·         take another bold step towards a brighter future


Until next time,
Connie

Take The Thank You Challenge
ORDER your book today @ www.thankyouchallenge.org


<a href="http://www.hypersmash.com">www.HyperSmash.com</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment