Sunday, January 29, 2012

Thank You For Friendship!


I am thinking today of my friends

I am thankful for childhood friends, some I have no idea where to find them now, some I see on occasion; they have left a lasting mark in me, and it is somehow comforting that they know things about me that would be lost, without their memory of them.

I am thankful for my warrior friends; those who at some point in time helped me to fight and win a battle in my life

I am thankful for forever friends, it may have been yesterday or even years ago that we were together, but no matter; each time we meet it is as if no time has passed

I am thankful for work friends. Within the confines of our work-space we speak a language understood and appreciated by an elite few

I am thankful for neighborhood friends. We talk of the weather, and who has planted what, and of our pets and parents, and of the children and how they have grown; or simply wave to each other now and then

I am thankful for church friends. Be our relationship close or casual, we share the unquestionable connection of a common faith

I am thankful for internet-only friends; we don’t really know each other but somehow we form a bond

I am thankful for friends old and new, casual and intimate, long term and short term; those who accept me as I am, and those who constantly challenge me to be better; who laugh at my jokes, and who make me laugh; who are friendly for a particular reason or season, or who stay for life; friendship of any size and shape, for any length of time, is a precious gift

I am thankful that God is a friend. He understands me even when no one else seems to. He is always near even when I feel abandoned by all others. He listens. He hears. He has the answers to my questions -- He is the answer to my questions. His friendship is forever. His love never fails.

Have you lost a friend? Are you feeling alone? My prayer is for a new friend to fill that void in your life. And I pray that you will understand how much God loves you, and that He is indeed a friend you can count on.

Until next time,
“May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.”
~ Irish Proverb

Connie
If you haven’t already done so, consider taking The Thank You Challenge!
Order your book @ www.thankyouchallenge.org


<a href="http://www.hypersmash.com">www.HyperSmash.com</a>

http://takethethankyouchallenge.blogspot.com/2012/01/thank-you-for-friendship.html

No comments:

Post a Comment