Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thank You for Wisdom

"The years teach much which the days never knew."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

I am thankful today that there is Wisdom outside of my limited self, that I can learn from my mistakes, and that life has much to teach; that God has given us a past, a present, and a future, and that we can choose what good to hold on to from the past, what evil to let go; and that each day is new with no mistakes in it, yet.

Wisdom
"I have a treasure chest inside my heart, my head
It’s filled with precious memories, and with thoughts bigger than me
When I run across a moment that I want to hold on to
Or find a gem of understanding, or a nugget of truth
I open up my treasure chest, and store it there

Once in a while when I am low, or if I can’t seem to think
Or when I have a question that’s too large for me
I open up the treasure chest and begin to rummage through
I pull out a memory, a nugget, a gem, and I visit them again

Sometimes It’s a happy place, this treasure chest of mine
Sometimes it’s sobering
Sometimes I learn a lot by reconsidering
And sometimes, I just enjoy the visit"
~ Connie Ruth Christiansen

WISDOM From the Dictionary:
1)      The ability to discern or judge what is true, right, or lasting; insight
2)      Common sense; good judgment

WISDOM From the Bible:
"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding."
~ Proverbs 9:10 NIV

"If any of you needs wisdom to know what you should do, you should ask God, and he will give it to you."
~ James 1:5 GWT

"No man was ever wise by chance."
~Seneca

Talk to you tomorrow,
Connie

If you haven’t already done so, please consider taking The Thank You Challenge!
Order your book today:
www.thankyouchallenge.org



<a href="http://www.hypersmash.com">www.HyperSmash.com</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment